Have you seen the movie of the moment? As we like to describe it, this one is a yam-pepper scatter scatter. Let’s stop here before we give spoilers to those of you who haven’t seen it yet. Trust us when we say it’s not your typical Nigerian movie in a good way ! If you happen to have seen it, head over to the SARA chat room now we’re having a spicy conversation about it.
Songs for you.
It’s been a long week, let help you unwind with this carefully curated playlist perfect for every mood. Click here to enjoy.
Before we forget, Happy Children’s Day in Advance
As kids, we believe we can accomplish anything. Unfortunately, we begIn to disconnect from those beliefs as we get older. We recognize that adulthood comes with its own set of obligations and demands, but regardless, It is important you preserve your inner child especially during those burnout phases of your lives.
You might be wondering if this is even possible, so here are some tips to help you
Live in the present – We live in the moment as children, savoring each moment of life to the fullest, and as we grow as adults, we are so preoccupied with anxieties for the future that we forget to live in the now. We have established the habit of postponing our enjoyment because we forget to enjoy the current moment. So, be happy, enjoy your life – live each moment and express yourself, and celebrate Children’s Day with the child within you.
Happiness, is not in another place but this place…not for another hour, but this hour.” ― “Walt Whitman”
Keep an open mind and a welcoming attitude towards different perspectives of life it can help you identify the areas in which you still have a lot to offer. Some of the ways you can do this are;
- Make a journal of new things to try out Monthly. Try new things on purpose since you never know where the spark will appear. Break away from the weekend norms by being spontaneous. Try new foods, take up new activities, and go to new places. Try reading a book or magazine that isn’t in your usual genre.
- Widen Your Circle of Friends: This is much easier said than done, but it is crucial. You’re more likely to be exposed to other ideas and belief systems if you have a larger group of pals. This is crucial to becoming more open-minded. You can’t make a friendship happen, but you may take actions to increase your chances. You could, for example, join a group or start a new Hobby. Even a simple conversation with a neighbor can make a difference.
Surround yourself with people who make you feel at ease being yourself; who inspire you to engage in activities that make you happy; who accept you for who you are, flaws and all, and push you to be your best version.
Feed yourself with content that inspires you: Knowing that humans are naturally innovative, remember that you are not what you do for a living but the sum of all the ingredients you embrace as a part of yourself. Your mind need nutritious positive stuff that expands your knowledge and perspective. So choose your behaviors carefully. How you feed your mind determines how inspired it is.
Being a rational and responsible adult does not necessarily mean that you have to be serious-minded. Loosen up a bit and Find magic in everything you do.
Still thinking of Why you should rekindle the Child in you, Here are some Mental benefits;
- Living in the moment keeps emotional disturbances at bay, whether it is anxiety, guilt or frustration.
- Laughing and engaging in creative activities that you enjoy releases endorphins—the happy hormones that help combat stress and make you feel good about yourself.
- When you have a major setback, treat it as just another fall that requires you to get up. Try again; it’s not a big deal. This way, you will always be motivated to keep going forward. This has a positive impact on your self-esteem.
We have a Gift for You
Before we go, did you know that with N1600, secure a health plan for yourself. This health plan features both HMO and hospital cash plans specifically tailored for women between 18 – 45 years. While the HMO takes care of the hospital bills of subscribers, the Hospital cash plan enables subscribers that have been hospitalized for a minimum of 3 days to receive a cash sum of N10,000 up to five (5) times a year after hospitalization. Dial *945*75# to begin or click on the link