Loving Yourself Through The Phases Of Life
“Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude toward others.” –Wilfred Peterson.
Dear Sara Woman,
How are you doing today?
Given what is currently going on in the country, we realize that sounds like a cliche question to ask. There’s nothing as upsetting as being put in a situation that heightens anxiety. So again, how are you?
February started out with much anticipation for Valentine’s Day, but it all seems to have waned. This is because we are burdened with so much uncertainties that threatens to unnerve our mental and financial stability. However, it is of the essence to remember to love yourself amidst it all. As expected, it can be challenging to find the strength to care for yourself physically, mentally, and spiritually while dealing with the demands of life.
Here are some simple ways you can love yourself during this hectic period:
- Intentionally practice gratitude: True, the frustrating cash scarcity, epileptic supply of fuel, and other outbursts of negativity send you into a frenzy. At a time like this, we recommend you take a moment, as many moments as you need and focus on being grateful for the little things. In the midst of it all, you’ve got food on your table, a family that loves you, clients patronizing your business, or a job that pays, if not all, at least some of your bills. No matter how tough things get, if you learn to take a step back, you’ll realize there’s always something to be grateful for.
- Practice Words of Affirmation: In a season where there is so much negativity and anxiety looming, it is important to remember to encourage yourself, even if no one else tells you, you are in control of your actions. Try repeating these words as often as you need to give yourself a pat on the back. “I am strong; I am proud of myself; I have come so far; I have made so much progress on this; I am important and valued.”
- Plan, Save, and Invest: During a time of scarcity and uncertainty, it’s essential to budget your expenses and cut back on unnecessary expenses. Here are a few suggestions to help you build your savings. With ALAT, you can join the savings challenge or, better yet, activate spend and save so you get to enjoy certain percentages on every dollar spent. Want to enjoy these sweet things? Sign up on ALAT to track your spending, set goals, and enjoy competitive interest rates.
- Consume current news and information wisely. 77% of misinformation incites violence, hate crimes, and political unrest. We want you to know that it’s okay to take a break from social media when the negative news feels very overwhelming. You can read a book or do something that helps you exercise your nerves.
- Plan to vote: Have you gotten your PVC? Ladies, your vote counts! As you go out to vote, here are some tips to keep you safe: Don’t go alone; go with your squad and, finally, stay hydrated.
- Most importantly, take care of your health. Do you know that women account for almost 52% of deaths from high blood pressure? As a famous saying says, “If it’s out of your hands, it deserves freedom from your mind too.” As much as you can, prioritize rest and fill up your body with food that nourishes you. Perform breathing exercises to help you maintain a steady heart rate.Healthcare doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. For as low as N1,600 monthly (N16,000 annually), you can enjoy a series of healthcare services. Click here to sign up for our personalized Women’s Health Plan by Sara.
Trust me, we don’t know it all, nor do we have all the answers, but these suggestions have been tested and have significant impact. Remember, you’re the only one who can love yourself the way you want, so don’t stop and keep your friends and support system closer.
PS: WHILE SOME PEOPLE WAITED ALL DAY FOR THE ‘DISPATCH RIDER’ TO CALL THEM, HERE’S HOW SARA WOMEN CELEBRATED VALENTINE’S DAY!
If you didn’t attend this Webinar, we feel really bad for you because you missed a whole lot! It was an amazing and insightful time with Popular Health Influencer & Medical Doctor, Tolu Bintu and Clinical Sexuality Coach, Iretioluwa Okoji.
Our host with the most did a fantastic job bringing this conversation to life. We had an in-depth discussion of the ways in which having sound sexual health can positively impact your productivity and love life. For example, STI prevention and regular testing help reduce stress levels, which can lead to better focus and concentration at work, thus increasing efficiency.
At the end of the day, knowing that you prioritize your own sexual health and protect yourself against potential risks makes it more likely that prospective partners will believe in you and trust the sincerity of your feelings towards them.
…And on this note, we hope you experience something that makes you smile soon.
Let’s all keep hope alive as we approach another pivotal moment in Nigeria’s future. Don’t forget to join over 3000+ other women in the SARA community so you can access exclusive training, events, discounts, and financial support.
SARA Upcoming event (International Women’s Day)
Guess what ladies!!!
Do you know that next month is our International Women’s Day?
If you have been following us, you will already know that we do this every year. Last year, the theme was #BreakTheBias.
This year we would commemorate the IWD with the topic “Embracing Equity: Achieving Economic growth for women in Career and Business”.
This exclusive International Women’s Day Event will be a great opportunity to learn from Industry experts and impactful thought leaders about how to leverage financial equity in order to unlock greater opportunities and wealth-building potential for yourself and your businesses.
With Industry experts like Tosin Olaseinde, Fela Durotoye, and Adenike Oyetunde, we will discuss access to business capital, strategies for breaking through an existing power structure, and other practical steps you can take toward achieving real economic progress.
Whether you are joining us in-person or virtually, and If you are excited as I am, then get ready for a mind-shifting keynotes and conference session come March 8, 2023. Stay tuned for more information about the upcoming.
Music of the Month https://youtu.be/jtj08dAP0uQ
Finally at this song, As a consequence, there is a strong probability that if you listen to
music, you are only familiar with the newest, most exciting hits.
As a fine babe and a Sara woman, Listen to this impressive melody, download, and enjoy “Fine lady” by
Kcee. Click on the link to enjoy the music.